Friday, February 15, 2008

My day was poop!

Both literally and figuratively. Aaron had his appt. with the new GI today. It went very well. He’s quite confident that b/c of Aaron’s age and how well he looked and felt today that it is just toddler’s diarrhea. He said that by 3-4 years old he’ll pretty much just wake up one day and it will all be gone. Right now we are just to continue with what we’ve been doing and keep him on a very high fat diet. He requested about 9 tests be run and said that if it was not something as simple as just chronic diarrhea his next diagnoses would be Celiac or other food allergies, so he did a panel for both of those as well. I’m very excited that he was so willing to just run all of the tests and rule things out rather than jumping to conclusions that we find out months or years later could have been diagnosed with a simple blood or stool sample. I’m not as excited about the fact that to run 3 of these tests requires me sifting through dirty diapers and pulling out specific ‘chunks’ of poop. All I can say is … I definately deserve a raise!
Serren is not having a very good day either. She just woke up off of her game. She was very noisy and having a hard time getting a good breath. She’s not choked on any of her feedings lately but for some reason she was not interested in eating. I’m not sure if she actually has the ability to relate her bad days with her choking but it was as if she just knew what would happen if she attempted to eat. Of course she didn’t really seem to excited about her food either, so she may have just not had much of an appetite. I just pray that tomorrow will be much better. She’s done so well and even gained 4 oz. last week. I would just hate to see her take any more steps backwards.
I did get one glimmer of hope today for a somewhat normal life. The soccer league J plays for emailed me and asked for all of his info and my credit card #. I’m not sure that it’s 100% but it’s more promising than anything else lately. I also don’t know that he will be on his team, but at this rate I’m just glad (as I’m sure he will be) that he will be able to play. See, there are always silver linings! Talk to you soon. Loves!

1 comment:

Mommy to those Special Ks said...

UGH!!! Toddler's Diarrhea... this is what Kennedy's GI is saying about her too... I don't buy it and neither does her ped. She's almost four! GRRRR It's a stupid blanket diagnosis which means they have NO idea what's wrong! OK vent over.

SO have fun digging through poop! ;) Keep us posted!