Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Catching up

Alrighty... It's been a minute. Sorry. I told you I don't have much time for this thing. LOL Ok, Monday Aaron had to have his blood drawn for all of the many tests the GI is running. They took 8-9 vials. He did really well. He screamed but I was able to hold him so it went quickly. She got the vein first stick which was even more impressive. Then we went and got J's haircut, and Emily (our hair dresser) washed Aaron's so he wouldn't feel left out. We headed straight to The Memory Cottage from there. Aaron was, as usual, his hammy self. He showed out a bit but I was impressed with what Debbie (the photographer) was able to get them to do. I'm really looking forward to seeing the finished product. We have an appt. Monday to check out her work and choose our favs.
Tuesday J's friend Tyler's mom came to help paint our kitchen. Yeah, she really ended up doing everything. I think I put a couple of pieces of tape up but that was all I contributed. She did an AWSOME job. Better than all 4 of the professionals we've had in here over the last couple of years. And Aaron's BCW speech therapist (Sandy) came by to discuss his starting school. That was supposed to be done in Dec. so he could start in Jan. but I'm not bitter! *teeth grinding* Now, b/c of the surgery it will be put off until the end of Mar. which means he can't start school until the end of Apr. begining of May. Great news since school is over the 2nd week of May. We are really doing well, huh? But we did hear from his new speech therapist and she said that everything is in the works but that she hasn't gotten an approval from the insurance co. yet for his twice a week visits. *fingers crossed*
I think that's pretty much where we are now. Serren was supposed to get her shots tomorrow but b/c of having another procedure in the works we got a big fat "NO!" I think she'll be 20 by the time she gets her 3 mon. shots. *sigh*
We have another busy day scheduled so I'll try to fill you in tonight.

No comments: